Nam Joo Hyuk recently held a joint fan meeting with Sandara Park in the Philippines for Penshoppe, but the event became a huge talking point after many Filipino fangirls did not respect Nam Joo Hyuk’s personal space during the photo session.
Things got so bad, nails from the fangirls ended up leaving scratches and red marks on Nam Joo Hyuk’s arms.
— Marie 🐉☀️👼🏻🐼👻 (@yatta_marie) July 30, 2018
Nam Joo Hyuk was seen very uncomfortable with how intimate some of the Filipino fans were getting, but remained professional despite the circumstances.
Both Korean and international fans are denouncing the acts of these fan girls, calling for better protection for the celebrities and asking for more respect to be given to them.
TBH, I feel sorry for Nam Joo Hyuk. Can't you see that he looked so awkward and was uncomfortable by the way he was treated last night. Man, I feel bad for him. Playing Lee Sung Kyung's video, really? Y'all don't know respect. Aisshhh #NamJooHyukXPenshoppe #NamJooHyuk
— Den (@denisueee) July 29, 2018
those girls who were touching and hugging nam joo hyuk was completely disrespectful. the guy felt so uncomfortable. where is the respect and privacy guys?
— 🦋 (@ridekimtaehyung) July 30, 2018
Not a fan of nam joo hyuk but i love him and his dramas but these "fans" as they call themselves, are really disgusting. Where's the respect guys? Are you really a fan? I know we get excited coz we're able to get close to our idol, but come on guys, they're not a doll that you–
— K 🌸 (@glemcchi) July 30, 2018
— lovescenario 🎬 (@raynnexuniverse) July 30, 2018
Those fans who went wild during the fancon yesterday yall at least know when you should behave. You scared the shit out of Nam Joo Hyuk.
— ✨ (@BBROYALTEAS) July 30, 2018
- Nam Joo Hyuk can’t even look mad at them or move their hands away because he is a celebrity… He just has to accept it and keep smiling. These aren’t fans, they’re sexual harassers.
- This would have been extremely controversial if it was a woman instead. People think it’s okay because he’s a male.
- The girl in the blue overalls (last gif) is taking it way too far. So awkward…
- He even was protecting his groin area…
- Would a fan be arrested if they tried to act like this towards TWICE?
In addition, the fan girls also treated Sandara Park poorly, but not to the degree of Nam Joo Hyuk.
here’s a different angle vid that you can see clearly what she’s up to:
1. Pushed dara
2. Snaked her arm around njh’s midsection and kept moving it all over and even near his lower part
3. Pushed and pinched his arm when didnt wanna do the finger heart
— damn right😍 (@blckjckxxi) July 29, 2018
It is also important to note that not all Filipino fans behave this way towards their favorite celebrities, only a small portion of them.