Netflix‘s Squid Game has been out for almost a week and it’s continuing with its dominance, as the series remains in headlines day after day. As it continues to take over the internet worldwide, important details have started to emerge regarding the K-Drama.
On an online community, one netizen pointed out a massive Easter egg that they found while watching the show. In a scene introducing the premise of the survival competition, the camera pans out to show the back of the room. However, upon closer inspection, the illustrations revealed every single game the participants would be partaking in during their time in the competition.
Each game that the 456 people participated in are traditional children’s games played in South Korea, with different variations of them found all over the world. If you look closely at the photo below, every game is drawn out into a simplified illustration allowing for the competition’s participants to get a glimpse of their upcoming missions.
There’s an illustration of red light, green light…
…tug of war…
…the dalgona game…
…the glass bridge, and more.
This post started to gain traction and it wasn’t long before netizens began to react to this hidden Easter egg.
- “Whoa, that’s crazy.”
- “In the beginning, there were so many people that the beds covered the walls so there’s no way we could have known ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.”
- “This is crazy. As the beds disappeared one by one, you could slowly see the dalgona picture.”
- “I figured it out once there were only 3 people left ㅋㅋㅋㅋ.”
- “Wowwww I just figured it out.”
- “Wow, I just noticed it.”
Wow, what a sneaky little Easter egg indeed. Did you guys catch it during your binge watching session?