Having apps such as Google translate built into messenger apps to communicate with K-Pop artists such as Universe is really convenient to have for non-Korean speakers. However, the translators are not perfect, and sometimes the translations of messages sent from idols aren’t quite right, which can end up being hilarious! ATEEZ‘s members communicate frequently with fans this way, but they aren’t immune to these kinds of mistranslations. Here are 19 times that ATEEZ was hilariously betrayed by Google translate.
1. What a sweet way to say goodnight ❤😂
2. Google translate is a little confused about what they’ve been filming.
3. San is cute.
4. We love to be insulted by ATEEZ ❤
5. We’re not sure about Jongho, but Google definitely made a mistake 😂
6. San certainly thinks a lot of strange things are cute, according to his translations 😂
7. Good to know!
8. We can only guess what he really meant…
9. Wooyoung can call us whatever he wants, honestly.
10. Ah yes, we all know how much he loves vapes 😂
11. Okay, but whose is he talking about? 👀
12. Seonghwa predicting the future??
13. Google translate seems to enjoy this swear word more than others 😂
14. We’ll take a hug from Seonghwa any day.
15. Thanks Hongjoong ❤
16. Saturday. Castle. Anger.
17. Google translate confirms that Wooyoung and San are married.
18. Thank you, Seonghwa.
19. The mistranslation saga seems like it will never end 😂